Lower Murlough Cottage is best known to locals, family and friends as 'Kate Burns' House'. 'Aunt Kate' resided there with her husband, Anthony, and son, Patrick, for over 60 years. The cottage is still owned by Kate's family who lovingly maintain the cottage with them in mind, enjoying the summers, views, scenery and peace...not to mention a BBQ or two! If you look at our Photo Gallery, you can see photos of Kate with the original Cottage.
Situated along a private road known as 'The Cut', Lower Murlough Cottage comprises hallway, double bedroom, twin bedroom, large living/dining room with open fire, modern kitchen and newly fitted modern bathroom with bath and electric shower.
Guests are greeted with a 'Welcome tray' of treats including homemade jams, fancy pieces and supplied with a stock of tea, coffee, milk and sugar. Should you have any allergies or food intolerances, please highlight this when you book.
Outside guests will find an extensive garden, on varying levels, which provides panoramic views of the beautiful scenery. There is a BBQ for guest use complete with seating and dining areas throughout the garden.
- Accomodates 4 people
- Large Living/Dining room with open fire and river views
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Modern Bathroom with bath and electric shower
- Large Double Bedroom with fitted wardrobes and river view
- Twin Bedroom with fitted wardrobe
- Additional baby/toddler facilities available including travel cot, high chair and pushchair
- Extensive Garden with BBQ, seating and outdoor dining areas
- Secure, private parking
- Sorry, no Pets allowed
- Secure Shed for guest storage use
- Linen and Towels included
- TV/DVD PLAYER/DAB RADIO
- Free WI-FI/TV Package
- Washer/Dryer/Microwave/Electric Cooker
- Oil Central Heating
- Welcome tray with local produce to greet your arrival
- Stock of Tea, Coffee and Sugar.
- BBQ and Outdoor dining/seating furniture
- Secure private parking
- Secure shed for guest storage.